To create a scatter plot
- Enter your \(X\) data into list L1 and your \(Y\) data into list L2.
- Press 2nd STATPLOT ENTER to use Plot 1. On the input screen for PLOT 1, highlight On and press ENTER. (Make sure the other plots are OFF.)
- For TYPE: highlight the very first icon, which is the scatter plot, and press ENTER.
- For Xlist:, enter L1 ENTER and for Ylist: L2 ENTER.
- For Mark: it does not matter which symbol you highlight, but the square is the easiest to see. Press ENTER.
- Make sure there are no other equations that could be plotted. Press Y = and clear any equations out.
- Press the ZOOM key and then the number 9 (for menu item "ZoomStat") ; the calculator will fit the window to the data. You can press WINDOW to see the scaling of the axes.
Scatter Plot Calculator
Create a scatter plot below by entering a point, click Plot Point and then continue until you are done.